SGG PRIVA-LITE can be manufactured in single or double-glazing form with most glasses from the SAINT-GOBAIN
GLASS range. SAINT-GOBAIN GLASS supplies the following:
Minimum thickness: 7 mm (33.2 or 6.4 mm)
Standard thickness: 11 mm (55.2 or 10.8mm on extra clear glass)
Maximum dimensions: 1000 x 3000 mm
Minimum dimensions: 305 x 405 mm
- Transformers for: 3.5 m2, 10 m2 and 20 m2 areas (relays must be provided for the 20 m2 size).
- Bayer Multisil silicone: this is the only silicone that can be used.
- Shielded cables: outer cross-section 2.8 mm2.
- Shipping crate designed form road/air/sea transportation.
SGG PRIVA-LITE is a laminated glass containing a liquid crystal (LC) film assembled between at least two plastic interlayers.
The liquid crystals align when the electrical current (100 VAC) is switched on, causing the glass to turn transparent instantly.
When the power is switched off, the glass has a naturally opaque appearance, blocking vision (total privacy), yet permitting light to pass through (translucent).
- Partitions, doors and sliding doors, floor panels, counters, display cases, bank screens etc.
- Back projection screens/multi-media walls.
- Windows, single or double glazed facades (please contact SAINT-GOBAIN GLASS for advice)
- Opaque back projection screens/multi-media walls.
You can view some of our most prestigious projects by visiting www.sggprivalite.com
• Instant transparency or privacy at the flick of a switch.
• Laminated security glass (11 mm = P4A BS EN 356).
• Very low electrical consumption: 24 VA/m2.
• Filters 99% of UV light.
• The light diffusing properties of the liquid crystals enable the glass to be used as a back projection screen.
Light transmittance of SGG PRIVA-LITE 10.8 mm (extra clear):
- Transparent state: 77% (ON)
- Translucent state: 76% (OFF)
Processed Product Variation
• SGG PRIVA-LITE must be glazed by recommended installers who have received specialist training.
• Installers must follow the SGG PRIVA-LITE assembly instructions strictly, in order to maintain the validity of the guarantee.
• Installers must use electricians for the 230 volt wiring.
• The glass and its electrical installation principle have been tested in accordance with standards BS EN 550146-2 and
BS EN 60335-1, and are certified.
• Degree of protection of the transformer: IP 42.
• Degree of protection of the glass: IP 43.
Detailed information is available at www.sggprivalite.com
Questions are grouped by common theme , so select the area which you require