SGG PLANILAQUE EVOLUTION is a lacquered glass, coloured and opaque in appearance, produced by depositing and then baking a highly resistant lacquer to one side of the glass.
This product is suitable for all interior surfaces where colour contributes to enhancing an area, including damp or humid rooms such as bathrooms and kitchens.
SGG PLANILAQUE EVOLUTION can be used in domestic and commercial locations such as offices, hotels, museums, theatres and cinemas, for:
- Wall panelling and column cladding
- Cupboard doors
SGG PLANILAQUE EVOLUTION combines the attractive appearance of the lacquer with the clarity of glass. There are ten shades in the range: five light colours, contrasting with five deep colours, including black.
The stylish, radiant colours of SGG PLANILAQUE EVOLUTION co-ordinate well with natural materials (wood, metal, stone etc).
Resistance to moisture
The composition of the lacquer used in SGG PLANILAQUE EVOLUTION enables the glass, in all colours, to be used in damp and humid rooms such as kitchens and bathrooms, without additional protective backing.
The lacquer is applied to the reverse side of the glass so is protected from damage and ensures that the colours are durable and bright.
The colours cannot be represented on paper other than for general guidance purposes, as the printing technique used cannot give an accurate reproduction of colours.
Thicknesses: 4 and 6 mm
Standard dimensions: 3210 x 2400 mm
Other thicknesses and dimensions: please contact SAINT-GOBAIN GLASS.
Weight per unit area: 10kg/m2 in 4 mm, 15kg/m2 in 6 mm
For UK product availability please contact SAINT-GOBAIN GLASS.
SGG PLANILAQUE EVOLUTION SAFE is a lacquered safety glass. A special safety film is applied to the reverse side of the lacquered glass. If the glass is broken the film holds the fragments of glass in place, thus reducing the risk of injury.
Despite every care taken with the product, and strict manufacturing controls, there may be very slight variants in shade between two production runs.
Processed Product Variations
Like silvered glass, SGG PLANILAQUE EVOLUTION can be:
During cutting the sheets must be placed on a clean table in order to protect the lacquer. There are a number of possible options for customising SGG PLANILAQUE EVOLUTION:
- Cold screen printing of a pattern or logo on the glass (non-lacquered) side;
- Sandblasting or deep engraving. The effect will differ according to whether the sandblasting or engraving is carried out on the lacquered or non-lacquered side.
SGG PLANILAQUE EVOLUTION is intended for interior use only and must be installed in accordance with current national regulations and good practice.
Due to the quality of the lacquer, additional protective backing e.g. metal foil, need not be applied to the lacquered surface.
• Mechanically fixed, in channels or with clips or point-fixings.
• Adhesive fixing, using neutral translucent glues or white double-sided adhesive pads. If there is any doubt, tests must be carried out to check the compatibility of the adhesive with the lacquer.
For optimum installation care must be taken to:
- Place the product against an opaque surface with the lacquered side facing the wall
- Ensure the surface is flat, clean, dry and free from any harsh substances
- In particular light colours should be used against a uniformly pale coloured surface
- Provide a space of 1 to 2 mm between adjacent sheets
- Avoid placing the product near a source of intense heat (in a kitchen: directly behind the cooker hob or where it could come into contactwith very hot utensils)
- Do not expose the glass for prolonged periods to temperatures of more than 50°C. This may result in a slight change in colour over time.
SGG PLANILAQUE EVOLUTION must be cleaned using a clean, soft cloth and a conventional cleaning product for glass (neutral product with no abrasive particles).
Questions are grouped by common theme , so select the area which you require