COOL-LITE® SKN 176 / 176 II
COOL-LITE SKN 176 / 176 II is a solar control coating for use in residential or commercial buildings, either for façades or overhead glazing. The coating is applied to PLANILUX float glass by cathodic sputtering under vacuum conditions.
Due to the unique properties of the coating, it is ideally suited to applications requiring a high light transmittance, low g-value and excellent neutrality.
The 4mm option allows the product to be used in entry level applications such as high end residential / low end commercial applications. This extended functionality allows more design flexibility whilst retaining excellent neutral aesthetics.
Ideal for offices, hotels, restaurants, schools, hospitals and many other commercial buildings.
COOL-LITE SKN can be installed in many glazing applications:
- Curtain walling
- Exterior structural sealant glazing
- Exterior bolted glass assemblies
- Double-skin applications
- Cladding of external walls
- Overhead and atria glazing
COOL-LITE SKN 176 II balances the advantages of a high performance neutral solar control product with: - High light transmission 70%.
- Low g-value of 0.37.
- Excellent U-value of 1.0W/m2K.
- High degree of neutrality. COOL-LITE SKN 176 II can be used to create more comfortable interiors by reducing overheating and the need for costly air conditioning, whilst at the same time noticeably reducing excessive heat loss. The high light transmittance also reduces the requirement for interior lighting during daylight hours, helping reduce energy costs even further
Handling and Processing
For optimum performance and aesthetics COOL-LITE SKN 176 II must always be toughened or heat strengthened before assembly into a double-glazed unit. COOL-LITE SKN 176 II must also be edge-deleted and should always be positioned on face 2 of a double or triple glazed unit for optimum performance. Please see the COOL-LITE SKN handling guidelines for more information. In order to achieve its superior thermal properties, solar control performance and neutral appearance, COOL-LITE SKN 176 / 176 II must always be toughened or heat strengthened before assembly into a double-glazed unit.