In everything we do, we are guided by our engaging purpose: Making the world a better home. For all businesses on the construction markets, we translate our purpose into a strategic commitment and concrete actions:
being at your side to innovate and help design, construct and renovate better buildings that reduce impacts on our planet, enhance people’s health and wellbeing and deliver reduced costs and increased value;
providing you with innovative solutions to improve their performance and support their journey towards more sustainability;
advocating for building better to accelerate the market transformation.
Thanks to our 350-year-long history and the synergies between our different businesses, specialist brands and skills, we want to demonstrate our thought leadership and be your preferred partner who cares about building better.
Our focus areas
Better for the planet
Our planet is facing major challenges, that we are deeply committed to fight. The solutions and services we provide help reduce the impact of the construction sector on the environment, from the construction to the demolition of buildings.
- Increased energy efficiency
- Reduced embodied carbon emissions
- Increased use of renewable energies
- Reduced use of non-renewable resources
- Increased lifetime and use rate
- Reduced amount of non-valorized C&D waste
Better for the people
For us at Saint-Gobain, sustainability does not only mean taking care of the planet, but also of people. We reduce health hazards and improve comfort, for both the occupants of the buildings and the builders who use our products.
- Reduced builders' exposure to hazardous substances during installation
- Improved working conditions for builders
- Improved indoor air quality
- Better acoustics
- Better thermal comfort
- Improved access to natural light